Saturday, August 23, 2008

Episode #24: Creepy Kids in Horror Films

Discussion of Creepy Kids in Horror Films can be found here.

SHOW NOTES:
News:
*Twilight film will release November 21, 2008
*Possible Candyman remake?
*Remake in the works of The Rocky Horror Picture Show
*Remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street with Billy Bob Thornton as Freddy Krueger!
*Review:The Happening

MAIN DISCUSSION:
*The Omen(1976)
*The Ring (2002)
*Joshua (2007)
*The Orphanage and here
*The Exorcist (1973)
*The Sixth Sense (1999)
*Hide and Seek (2005)

ARTICLE:
"Child's Prey: 15 Creepy Kids in Movies" by Gary Susman from Entertainment Weekly, January 15, 2008.

MUSIC:
The song of the night, "Not Coming Home" by the Cool Waters Band was provided tonight from the podshow podsafe music network. Check them out at music.podshow.com.

Thanks to Josh Woodward for providing his song "I Want to Destroy Something Beautiful" for the opening and closing music. Visit this talented artist at joshwoodward.com.

The next episode will discuss Torture in Horror Films. Thanks for listening! Email me at darkgatehorror@gmail.com

3 comments:

Geoff said...

Hi, I just listened to this episode and I enjoyed it. I like the unique way you talk about movies, something that I think plenty of other people have nothing original to say.

Have you seen Children of the Damned? I just put it in my Netflix queue and I'm excited for it.

Unknown said...

Heya -

Glad to see the new cast - was missing you. Want to contact you bout article, but don't see a contact button? Maybe I'm being bling...

Ellen said...

Thanks for the comments! You can reach me by email at darkgatehorror at gmail dot com. The site is under construction, and a contact button will be put on the site.